Hidden Paradise in San Fernando, Cebu in the Philippines is one of the unknown resorts in the country. It is found in a secluded and mountainous area in Brgy. Ilaya, San Fernando, Cebu. It was our first visit to the place and we had a hard time looking for signs that lead to Hidden Paradise Mountain Resort. We asked several people in San Fernando to give us directions and at long last we found the right corner going to the Resort. It is about 5km drive from the main road going to the place but it will take you a lot of time to maneuver your vehicle because of the rocky road. Only the midway road (around 100 meters long) is concrete because it is where the Barangay Captain lives.
When we arrived at Hidden Paradise Mountain Resort, we had a warm welcome from everyone who works in the place. We went to the cashier to check the prices of the rooms and she showed us these prices.
DAY USE: (no corkage fee)
- adult – 100.00
- 4-8 years old – 50.00
- native picnit hut (8-10 persons) – 300.00
- table/umbrella (2-4 persons) – 150.00
- sunflower – (40-50 persons) – 1,500.00 (non-airconditioned)
- orchid A – (30-40 persons) – 1,500.00 (non-airconditioned)
- orchid B- (30 persons) – 1,500.00 (non-airconditioned)
- rooftop – (300 persons) – 6,000.00 (non-airconditioned)
- sampaguita (30-40 persons) – 3,500.00 (airconditioned)
- sunrise A (100 persons) – 8,000.00 (airconditioned)
- sunrise B (50 persons) – 3,000.00 (airconditioned)
- shuttle – back and forth – (14 persons) – 3,500.00
- charcoal – 25.00/plastic
- corkage (overnight) – 35.00/head
- cooking charge – (rice, viands) – 75.00
- cooking charge – (canned goods, noodles) – 15.00
- videoke – 150.00/hour (exclusive)
- videoke – 5.00 (hulog-hulog)
- billiard – 75.00/hour
- trekking – 75.00/person
- campfire – 500.00/event
- executive family room (4 persons) – 3,500.00
- FREE breakfast for two (2), hot and cold shower, aircon, TV, ref
- de luxe room (2 persons) – 2,500.00
- FREE breakfast for two, hot and cold shower, aircon, TV
- standard room (2 persons) – 1,500.00
- airconditioned, shower, 2 single beds or matrimonial
- dormitory room (10 persons) – 3,500.00
- airconditioned, shower, CR, 5 bunk beds)
- mini-dormitory room (4 persons) – 1,500.00
- airconditioned, shower, CR, 2 bunk beds
- family native room (6 persons) – 1,400.00
- non-airconditioned, fan, CR
- native rowhouse (2 persons) – 600.00
- non-airconditioned, fan, CR
We availed the P600.00 native rowhouse, because it is the only room we can afford (hahaha). Besides, we don’t need an airconditioner as the place is not too hot because of the trees surrounding the area. We noticed that there were other activities we can enjoy in the resort such as zip-lining, monkey-bridge, cob web and even trekking in the mountains. There were four pools in Hidden Paradise Mountain Resort but only 3 pools were functional during the afternoon and the executive pool is only for those who availed the executive rooms, which leaves us only two pools. At around 5pm we started dipping into the water. Time flew so fast that we haven’t noticed it was already 8pm when we went inside the room to eat dinner. After eating, we dipped ourselves to the pool again and enjoyed talking till 12mn.
Since all the food we brought from outside were consumed and the highway is 30 minutes away from the resort, our only option is their canteen. We looked at the menu and were very much surprised to see such high prices for the food, but since we don’t have a choice, we bought a Pancit Canton (not the Lucky me) and some drinks for our Breakfast.
We had a great time at Hidden Paradise Mountain Resort and we would like to recommend the resort to everyone. Just be sure to have a car going to the place to avoid the hassle of finding a motorcycle-for-hire or “habal-habal” at P75.00 per person for a 1-way ride.